free html templates


Twenty Residential Design can provide a range of services from feasibility through to on site monitoring. Below are further details of these services


At Twenty Residential Design we understand that not everyone knows exactly how they want to change their home, so we are able to sit down and discuss your needs and propose some options for your consideration. 


When planning to alter your home in many circumstances there is a legal requirements to obtain permission from your local council before starting the work. In certain situations you may be able to build under permitted development rights. Twenty Residential Design will undertake all work necessary and will submit the planning application on your behalf. If your work falls within permitted development rights it can be beneficial to obtain a lawful development certificate, which Twenty Residential Development can also apply for on your behalf.

Building Regulations

The Building Regulations are minimum standards for design, construction and alterations to virtually every building. They are a legal requirement and Twenty Residential Design will develop the Planning Application documents to required standard to make the Building Regulations submission.

Health and Safety

In 2015 the Government updated the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) so that clients, designers and builders have specific legal obligations when undertaking work on homes.
Under the CDM regulations for domestic clients the Contractor will normally carry out the client's duties. Twenty Residential Design will undertake the role of the Principal Designer and will work with you to provide the pre-construction information to the Contractor and any other designers needed on your project.


In order to select a builder to undertake your project Twenty Residential Design can prepare and issue the documents for builders to prepare their quotation for the works.


Many people undertake work on their homes using a builder without any form of contract, however there are simplified contracts for homeowners looking for additional protection when having building works undertaken on their homes. Whilst these are relatively easy to complete Twenty Residential Design are able to undertake this process for you.

Appointing other Consultants

When planning your project further services will be needed from other consultants. Examples of these other specialists include Structural Engineer, Ecologist, Party Wall Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Asbestos Surveyors. If the services of other consultants are needed these will need to be appointed directly by the Client, however we will gladly assist in sourcing these consultants.

Party Wall Notices

The Party Wall Act 1996 requires building owners to give notice to adjoining owners of their intention to undertake work. The Act sets out how and when such notices must be given. Twenty Residential Design are able to assist in the preparation of these notices.

On Site

If required Twenty Residential Design are able to report on progress to the client. This reporting would be in the form of a written report with progress photographs. This service can be especially beneficial to clients who work during the week or are not living in the property.